A great opportunity to admire the Western coast of Sicily! Visit a medieval town renowned for candies and pastries and enjoy the gorgeous overview from the hilltop. Then travel on the coast road and glance at the suggestive landscape of saltpans. Before visiting an ancient Doric Temple, relax at a local farmhouse tasting extra-virgin olive oil and a mix of local products.
- Visit to a medieval town renowned for candies and pastries
- Gorgeous overview from a hilltop
- Glance at salt flat works
- Tasting of extra virgin olive oil and local products in a typical farmhouse
- Visit to an ancient Doric Temple
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Today we drive to the western side of Sicily where we reach Erice uptown. Towering over the coast at 751m above sea level and often covered in its own personal cloud, Erice is a wonderfully preserved Mediaeval town offering the most breathtaking views and a palpable sense of history. Erice looks like a fortress that overlooks a wide area included Trapani, San Vito lo Capo and Egadi islands. Wander through the old stone streets and visit some of the famous homemade pastry shops, world-famous for marzipan candies and other delicacies like almond and pistachio pastries.
Later we travel through the Saltpans to see the historic salt flats works, where the ancient tradition of harvesting salt from the sea is still practiced. The sea salt, in the tradition of this part of Sicily, is obtained by the evaporation of the sea water and in Summer it is possible to admire piles of salt just harvested.
Then reach an olive oil factory-farmhouse to enjoy a light lunch including tasting of mixed local products such as cheese, salumi, olives, local bread combined with their production of olive oil.
This afternoon we continue onto Segesta, one of the major cities of the ancient indigenous Elymian people, to visit the impressive Doric temple (Admission Fee: not included). Dated back to the 5th century BC, this ancient Greek temple can make a valid claim to being the best preserved in the world, though never completed as the roof was never added. Before rerturning to Palermo, enjoy the relaxing view on the surrounding countryside.
- Group of 2 People: Euro 265,00 Per Person
- Group of 3 People: Euro 205,00 Per Person
- Group of 4 People: Euro 180,00 Per Person
- Group of 5 People: Euro 155,00 Per Person
- Group of 6 People: Euro 135,00 Per Person
- Group of 7 People: Euro 120,00 Per Person
- Group of 8 People: Euro 110,00 Per Person
TOUR CODE: ERISEGLCH