Depart 8:30PM/Return 3:30PM
From May 1st to October 31th
Min. 1 person/Max. 15 people
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience
- Take a full-day tour to the Etna wine-making region
- Taste six prestigious local wines, including the famous Etna DOC
- Explore three wineries on Etna with our professional sommelier guide
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in a charming private villa
Sicily has always had an extraordinary food and wine culture, and our Wine Trail aims to give you a full understanding of all that this fertile land has to offer. Traveling in comfort by minivan from Taormina through the rocky landscape of Etna to visit three different wineries on the slopes of the volcano, we will tell the stories of the men who have worked passionately to make Sicily an internationally renowned wine region. During the tour our professional sommelier will explain specific characteristics of the terroir and the effect that the Mediterranean climate and the vicinity to the sea have on the cultivation of the grapes. You will learn all about the wine making process – from the harvesting of the grapes to the bottling and aging of the wine – which are all carried out with typical Sicilian devotion and love.
We start our tour by visiting a beautiful winery extending from 650 to 850 meters above sea level. You will have the chance to admire the terraces where the vines grow, surrounded by small charming lava stone cottages, see the elements of old and modern wine production and taste a 100% Chardonnay Classic and a vinified Nerello Mascalese. The large antique wine press will take you back in time and show you how wine was made for centuries, whilst the modern technological system will show you how Etna’s wine is currently made. Strolling through the vineyards of this enchanting winery you will discover all the particulars of the vines, leaving you with an unforgettable experience.
Our second stop will be at an internationally renowned boutique winery. Here you can admire the vines growing on the the dark volcanic field that gives the grapes the unforgettable color and taste that make Etna Doc famous worldwide. In a beautiful panoramic spot you will taste one of the most important Etna Doc red and white wines, paired with a locally produced olive oil.
Our tour will conclude with a visit to a small family owned antique winery, located at a private Villa, where you can enjoy a walk around some rare vines that are over 80 years old. The charming cellar represents an intimate timeless environment where a selection of great and authentic Etna Doc wines rest. Our sommelier will offer you 2 wines to taste. Thanks to its aged plants the wines have distinctively intense and spicy notes. A home made lunch will be served in the relaxing garden by the family who own this exclusive winery.
Thanks to the unique environment, natural beauty, and its quality wine production, Mount Etna has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2013.
PRICE PER PERSON:
- Adult: Euro 190,00
- Child (6-12 YO): Euro 95,00
- Child (0-5 YO): Free of charge
Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
Please specify at time of booking your preferred pick-up point (the exact location will be provided at time of booking):
- Letojanni: 8:15am
- Mazzarò: 8:20am
- Taormina city center: 8:30am
- Giardini Naxos: 9am
• Please note that Italy’s law doesn’t permit selling alcoholic beverages to teens under 16 so children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages only.
SUPPLIER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- This tour will be operated by a local supplier.
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances.
- Where, due to operational difficulties or reasons beyond its control (travel conditions, strikes, changes in opening hours, closure of museums and historical sites, delays or other problems), the organization should be obliged to change the program, then an alternative itinerary and/or visit to other museums will be proposed, without any variation to the established tariff, and the client will be informed prior to departure.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
SEA & RAIN POLICY:
The tour runs rain or shine.
TOUR CODE: SLSETNA