Every effort is made to provide the tour as described below, however the itinerary may change due to situation beyond our control.
Today you are greeted at Palermo hotel (handled on your own) and drive to to Monreale to see where the Arab-Norman art and architecture reached the pinnacle of its glory with the Dome (Admission fee: not included), launched in 1174 by William II and represent the scene from the Old and New Testaments all in golden mosaics. Later we drive back to Palermo and we explore the lively Capo Market, a large open air street market that captures the flavor of Palermo's Saracen Arab past. Capo is a blend of general confusion and a jumble of vendors' stalls, winding toward the old gate (Porta Carini) of what used to be the city wall. We then continue by seeing Piazza Pretoria and Via Maqueda, whose “four corners” converge Palermo at a quartet of baroque palaces left over from the heyday of Spanish rule dating from 1560. Later return to your hotel.
Monreale: Gold Mosaic’s Scene from the Old and New Testaments
Palermo: Sicily’s Vibrant Capital
- Group of 2 People: Euro 190,00 Per Person
- Group of 3 People: Euro 145,00 Per Person
- Group of 4 People: Euro 125,00 Per Person
- Group of 5 People: Euro 98,00 Per Person
- Group of 6 People: Euro 80,00 Per Person
- Group of 7 People: Euro 70,00 Per Person
- Group of 8 People: Euro 60,00 Per Person
TOUR CODE: PMOMON