Depart 9:30AM/Return 3:30PM
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
From April 18th to October 31th
Min. 1 person/Max. 10 people
Today it’s possible to follow the local fisherman’s footsteps thanks to the an exclusive tour restricted to a small number of participants to guarantee and enhance an authentic experience.
Meet & greet your Tour Leader who will lead you to the Isola Bella nature reserve on board of a comfortable minivan and will be on hand to assist you throughout the tour.
You will then descend the steps that lead to one of the most renowned places in Taormina – Isola Bella – defined the Pearl of the Mediterranean by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden. After a fascinating visit to the Grotta Azzurra and bays of Taormina in a typically Sicilian wooden fishing boat you will stop at a local fishing spot. Our local fisherman will show you the tools used everyday to catch the local fish.
Get ready to get your hands dirty preparing the bait, and feel the lines tug as you hook some local delicacies. You will learn to fish like the true Sicilian fishermen and locals who regularly enjoy this past time.
With the fishing over there’s just enough time for a dip in the shimmery blue waters, then it’s time to enjoy a meal of the fresh catch. Our chef will prepare and serve you lunch just a few meters from the waters edge. Get ready to get your hands dirty preparing bait and feeling the lines tug as you hook some local delicacies. On board you may help yourself to mineral water and seasonal fresh fruit, and before returning to Isola Bella you will embrace another Sicilian tradition – the aperitivo. We will return in the early afternoon.
TOUR CODE: SLSFISH
PRICE PER PERSON:
- Adult: Euro 95,00
- Child (6-12 YO): Euro 47,50
- Child (0-5 YO): Free of charge
Booking process system:
Send us all Your details by filling in the automatic form - no payment is required at this stage - Your booking will be in pending as long as we will confirm the availability. If available, the tour will be confirmed and we will charge the total amount on Your credit card. As per our policy, the payment is needed to guarantee the booking.
Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
The exact location will be provided at time of booking
Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
-Total refund up to 15 working days before arrival
-25% of total amount won’t be refunded from 14 to 10 days before arrival
-50% of total amount won’t be refunded from 9 to 6 days before arrival
-75% of total amount won’t be refunded from 5 to 3 days before arrival
-100% of total amount won’t be refunded from 2 to the day of the services or after (No refund for no show).
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- This tour will be operated by a local supplier.
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances (see "Sea & Rain" Policy).
- Where, due to operational difficulties or reasons beyond its control (travel conditions, strikes, changes in opening hours, closure of museums and historical sites, delays or other problems), the organization should be obliged to change the program, then an alternative itinerary and/or visit to other museums will be proposed, without any variation to the established tariff, and the client will be informed prior to departure.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
SEA & RAIN POLICY:
The tours departure might be cancelled due to rain or adverse sea and weather conditions.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain and/or adverse sea conditions could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience. In any case, clients should present themselves at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
- Sea and Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Sea and Rain check is a voucher given to the client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
- 100% refund for tour cancellation.