Depart 9:15AM/Return 13:15PM
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
From May to October
Min. 1 person/Max. 10 people
- Experience Taormina from the best vantage point
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience
- Enjoy a walk along the characteristic paths that lead to Isola Bella
- Take a sea voyage to the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, Grotta del Giorno, the Bay of Mazzarò, and the Bay of Mermaids
- Dive into the crystal waters while admiring Etna and the gulf of Giardini Naxos
- Savor a fresh fish lunch admiring the waters of the nature reserve of Isola Bella
Enjoy a day at sea visiting the bays of Taormina and the coast of the pearl of the Ionian with this authentic and relaxing tour.
Meet & greet your Tour Leader who will lead you to the Isola Bella nature reserve on board of a comfortable minivan and will be on hand to assist you throughout the tour. You will then descend the characteristic and panoramic flight of steps that lead to one of the most renowned places in Taormina - Isola Bella, defined as the Pearl of the Mediterranean by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden. You will experience a traditional sea voyage while on board our comfortable boat, caressed by the sea breeze and relaxed by the lapping waves. You will visit not only the fascinating Grotta Azzurra with its colorful shades of blue, but also Capo Taormina and its rocky coastline - made famous by the film Le Grand Blue. Etna and the Gulf of Giardini Naxos will provide the perfect backdrop for a photo to remember the moment, and this will be the perfect place for a refreshing dip in the waters surrounding the Grotta del Giorno. The tour will continue along the coast towards the Bay of Mazzarò, the beach of the locals or 'taorminesi', and past the luxury hotels and fashionable lidos where everyday the slow dolce vita of Sicily is celebrated. Then visit the Bay of Mermaids, one of the most secluded and characteristic bays of the entire coastline and also the perfect location for a swim in the clear cool waters. The boat tour ends at Isola Bella. Thanks to its unique nature and its geographical form, the island has been declared to be a monument of historical and artistic interest and value. At the end of the visit, prepare to taste a wonderful fish based meal in a typical Sicilian 'trattoria' just a few meters from the crystal waters of the reserve. The tour will finish in the early afternoon at Isola Bella.
PRICE PER PERSON:
- Adult: Euro 110,00
- Child (6-12 YO): Euro 55,00
- Child (0-5 YO): Free of charge
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
-English speaking Tour leader
-Pick-up at meeting point and transfer to the Isola Bella nature reserve
-2,5 hours boat tour with visits to the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, the Grotta del giorno, the Bay of Mazzarò, and the Bay of Mermaids
-Water, soft drinks on board
-Fish based lunch
-Drinks included: 1/2 Lt mineral water, 1/4 Lt local wine
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
-Meals and beverages not mentioned above.
-Gratuities & Tips
Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
The exact location will be provided at time of booking.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
- The tour will finish at Isola Bella. You can get back to Taormina on your own by taxi or by cable car. Cable car is only 5 minutes walking distance from Isola Bella.
SUPPLIER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- This tour will be operated by a local supplier.
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances even after Confirmation (see "Sea & Rain" Policy).
- Where, due to operational difficulties or reasons beyond its control (travel conditions, strikes, changes in opening hours, closure of museums and historical sites, delays or other problems), the organization should be obliged to change the program, then an alternative itinerary and/or visit to other museums will be proposed, without any variation to the established tariff, and the client will be informed prior to departure.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
SEA & RAIN POLICY:
The tours departure might be cancelled due to rain or adverse sea and weather conditions.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain and/or adverse sea conditions could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience. In any case, clients should present themselves at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
- Sea and Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Sea and Rain check is a voucher given to the client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
- 100% refund for tour cancellation.
TOUR CODE: SLSBOAT