Regular Tour by Train – TRAIN TICKETS NOT INCLUDED
Operated: on Wednesday and Friday
Season: from March to November
Small Group Size: minimum 2 and maximum 8 People
A not ordinary experience in a village off the beaten paths where time has stopped a century ago! Talk with local people and observe artisans at work. Learn how milk is processed for cheese production and savor different local products. A plunge in a rural and friendly atmosphere for an unforgettable day tour!
– Visit a village off the beaten paths
– Talk with local people and observe artisans at work
– Visit a farm and diary product producer
– Plunge in a rural and friendly atmosphere
– Small-group tour with dedicated Tour Escort
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Reach the railway station on your own and catch your train (train tickets NOT included. You will find this extra service on the boking procedure). After around 1 hour you will reach a village off the beaten paths located on the slope of Madonie Mountains. At your arrival meet your Tour Escort and start your amazing experience based on the interaction with local people!
Return to the past by visiting places where time has stopped centuries ago! Plung into a rural atmosphere and observe local people at work, feeling free to ask them your curiosities.
Meet different artisans as the last surviving spinners who make their creations according to traditional standards and ladies who still manage to keep traditions for the sewing by producing kits of inestimable value. Learn how people used to live in Sicily about a century ago and what tools artisans used for the processing of iron, grain, livestock care, craft creations and dairy products.
Learn how milk is processed for cheese production and savor different types of diary products of the highest quality and zero foot miles food with tasting of local wine.
At the end of the tour get again on board of the train and come back to Palermo railway station around 7:30pm.
This tour is operated with English speaking Tour Leader (to meet on the spot).
APPOINTMENT WITH OUR STAFF:
Our staff will be pleased to meet and greet you directly in the Village as soon as you get off the train.
TRAIN TICKETS: NOT INCLUDED
You will find this extra service on the booking procedure. Feel free to add or skip at your convenience.
Once booked the extra service, You will receive electonic train tickets and all details about how to reach the railway station by email after your confirmation.
– We do require a minimum of 2 People on the tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
– Please be so kind as to share with us, at time of booking, if you have dietary restrictions and/or walking limitations.
TOUR CODE: PMOALIA