Depart 8AM/Return 2PM
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
From May to October
Min. 1 person/Max. 15 people
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience
- Enjoy a 4 hour diving adventure with a friendly and professional crew
- Explore by boat the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, and Grotta del giorno
- Dive into the crystal clear waters while admiring Etna and the gulf of Giardini Naxos
- Enjoy a fresh fish lunch served waterfront, admiring the nature reserve of Isola Bella
Whether you’ve just got your certification or are a seasoned scuba diver, this diving tour is the perfect day out in Taormina! Prepare to be amazed by the unique morphology of the coast and its wonderful seabeds. Taormina is home to a plethora of fish and invertebrates: sponge colonies, red star fish, sea pikes, seahorses, rays, and lobsters just a few meters below the surface. Marvel at the sea life and feel free to ask any questions about the creatures you see.
Before heading underwater, enjoy a scenic ride on the dive boat and admire the magnificent views of Isola Bella and Grotta Azzurra. After meeting your professional diving staff who will offer a detailed dive briefing, get kitted out in full scuba gear and have an introduction to the various dive sites. When your group is ready, you’ll head out into the beautiful turquoise waters of Taormina’s bays and get ready for your underwater experience. You’ll enjoy two dives with a break in between.
You can dive in many interesting spots along the Taormina coastline such as the Roman columns where a Roman ship carrying marble columns sunk off the Cape of Taormina 2000 years ago. Today, you can still see their remains at a depth of 24 meters. Starting from Naxos Calcara which was one of the first landing sites of the Greeks in Sicily, you can travel to the Roman Columns, the marine park of Isola Bella, the beautiful bay of the blue caves, and finally arrive at the rock ‘du Zio Innaru’ next to the bay of Taormina Mazzarò.
Refreshments are offered to all guests during the tour and along with our friendly staff you will enjoy the magical atmosphere of our wonderful island. Our crew will be on hand throughout this experience to guarantee your safety and enjoyment with care and professionalism. At the end of the tour enjoy a delicious fish based meal in a typical Sicilian ‘trattoria’ just a few meters from the crystal waters of the nature reserve of Isola Bella.
*Please note: You must be a certified scuba diver. Your credentials will be inspected before you dive.
TOUR DETAILS & BOOKING INFORMATION
Porta Catania (Catania Gate), Taormina
Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
• Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
• All divers will be asked to complete a registration form
• All dives are within the recreational no decompression limits
• Children participating must be at least 10 years old, certified divers and accompanied by one of the parents
• The dive boat is a comfortable 7.50 meter diving RIB with a roof
• Sunscreen, sunglasses, and your own towel are recommended
• We recommend you beware of jellyfish
SUPPLIER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
– This tour will be operated by a local supplier.
– The supplier reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances (see “Sea & Rain” Policy).
– Where, due to operational difficulties or reasons beyond its control (travel conditions, strikes, changes in opening hours, closure of museums and historical sites, delays or other problems), the organization should be obliged to change the program, then an alternative itinerary and/or visit to other museums will be proposed, without any variation to the established tariff, and the client will be informed prior to departure.
– No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
SEA & RAIN POLICY:
The tours departure might be cancelled due to rain or adverse sea and weather conditions.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain and/or adverse sea conditions could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience. In any case, clients should present themselves at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
- Sea and Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Sea and Rain check is a voucher given to the client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
- 100% refund for tour cancellation.
TOUR CODE: SLSDIV