Starting Time: 9:30AM or 5:30PM
Approx. 3 hours
Everyday From May 1st to October 30th
- Walking-tour of Taormina with English speaking licensed professional guide
- Entrance Ticket to The Ancient Theatre with no waiting in line
- Tasting of 3 Sicilian wines accompanied by local products.
Taormina lies on the slopes of Monte Tauro and was dubbed the “Pearl of the Mediterranean” by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden. The enchanting town appears to have been created to seduce the eyes, the mind, and the imagination. It is worth a visit simply to understand its history and heritage, take a romantic escape, or just to relax. Every church, every street, and every building are full of the colors, people, and magic that make Sicily famous. The most remarkable monument of all is the Ancient Greek Theater, set in a breathtaking location with an unbeatable view of Mount Etna and the beautiful coastline of the Ionian Sea. Jump the queues and visit this wonderful historical site with our professional licensed guide.
Taormina has become famous around the world not only for its beautiful scenery and views of Etna sloping down into the turquoise sea, but also for the dolce vita of the extravagant and famous visitors who have been here. Many interesting artists, philosophers, and scientists such as: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Friedrich Nietzsche, Gustav Klimt, Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein, Truman Capote and Greta Garbo adored spending time in Taormina. You can follow in their footsteps with our guide who will show you the most beautiful corners and streets of the town, and help you uncover all of their most evocative secrets.
During this walk you will visit the famous Ancient Greek Theatre, the beautiful Palazzo Corvaja, the Odeon – a small Roman theater, the church of Saint Catherine, Vicolo Stretto – the narrowest street in Taormina, Corso Umberto – the fashionable and charming main street, and Piazza IX Aprile – the main square with a magnificent view of the majestic profile of Etna and the coast of the Bay of Giardini Naxos stretching up the hill to the Greek Theater.
At the end of the tour we will stop for wine tasting in a typical Sicilian wine bar where the owner will introduce you to the different types of wines produced in Sicily, including Etna D.O.C., produced on the black lava slopes of Mount Etna. The wine tasting will be accompanied by local delicatessen products.
PRICE PER PERSON:
– Group of 2: Euro 159,00 per person
– Group of 3: Euro 120,00 per person
– Group of 4: Euro 99,00 per person
– Group of 5: Euro 89,00 per person
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
-Walking-tour of Taormina with English speaking licensed professional guide
-Entrance Ticket to The Ancient Theatre with no waiting in line
-Tasting of 3 Sicilian wines accompanied by local products.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
-Admission fees not mentioned above.
-Meals and beverages not mentioned above.
-Gratuities & Tips
Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
The exact location will be provided at time of booking.
Please note that Italy’s law does not permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 16 year of age so children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
– This tour will be operated by a local supplier.
– The supplier reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances.
– Where, due to operational difficulties or reasons beyond its control (travel conditions, strikes, changes in opening hours, closure of museums and historical sites, delays or other problems), the organization should be obliged to change the program, then an alternative itinerary and/or visit to other museums will be proposed, without any variation to the established tariff, and the client will be informed prior to departure.
– No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
SEA & RAIN POLICY:
The tour runs rain or shine.
TOUR CODE: SLSWALK