Etna Jeep ride (approx. 7 hours: from h 8.30AM to 3PM)
The day starts from Your Hotel. The pick-up will be arranged between 8:30am and 9:00am (please be ready from 8:15am in the hotel lobby). Your Driver will pick-up you with an air conditioned Land Rover (or similar 4x4 vehicle) from you Hotel or other accommodation located in Taormina area (it is also covers pick-up from Castelmola, Giardini Naxos, Letojanni, Giarre and Fiumefreddo).
A lovely drive along the Northern slopes of the Volcano (regular road) will give you the opportunity to visit different lava flows and to observe geological and botanical treasures. Lava flow of 1923 reached the town of Linguaglossa, while the near village of Catena was partially destroyed. Driving through pines, oaks and brooms we will continue the Etna ascent and after an off-road itinerary you will visit the lava front of 2002 and a natural cave created from the lava flow.
We will then proceed to an area called Piano Provenzana located at 1800 meters above sea level, where we will see the effect of the great eruption of 2002. This eruption lasted almost three months and it is considered one of the most explosive eruptions from the twentieth century. At Piano Provenzana you will find a ski resort.
In accordance with your Driver, it is possible to do a medium hiking and see some of the side craters characterized by seven small, aligned eruptive cones (or "buttonholes"). Along the way we will stop to enjoy a breathtaking view of the North-East Crater, the eruptive mouths and 2002 lava flow, and down to the sea you will admire part of the Ionian and Calabrian coast.
Then, proceed to have lunch in a typical country restaurant where you will be served a 3 courses menu which includes a rich selection of starter (salami, cheese, vegetables of the season), a taste of pasta and dessert. Lunch will also include local wine and mineral water.
After lunch the tour will get back to your hotel located in Taormina area.
PRICE & BOOKING INFORMATION
Price per ADULT: Euro 155,00 (from 15 YO)
Price per CHILD: Euro 77,50 (5-14 YO)
Booking process system:
Send us all Your details by filling in the automatic form - no payment is required at this stage - Your booking will be in pending as long as we will confirm the availability. If available, the tour will be confirmed and we will charge the full amount on Your credit card. As per our policy, the payment is needed to guarantee the booking.
***** IMPORTANT TO KNOW *****
- The service will be operated by a 6 seats jeep, but please note that only 5 people will have a window seat.
- Children must be accompanied by 1 adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual driver (English, Italian, French)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund (minimum required is 2 people)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour can be operated with all different weather condition (rain or shine) and all year around. The Tour Organizer and the Drivers will reserve the right to invert the itinerary or make a compatible change on the itinerary in case of snow or in case of opened/closed road along the itinerary to guarantee the safety of the customers. In case of prohibitive weather condition on the day of the tour, you will be contacted and offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- The tour is not operated with licensed guide, it is operated will full licensed vehicles and drivers who are expert of the area, geology and nature and will give you all appropriate information during the itinerary.
- The lunch included in the tour will be provided in a country restaurant. In case there are special instruction (allergies or religious restrictions) we need to get this information at time of booking. In case it will be impossible, for reasons not under our control, to provide the lunch in a country restaurant, it will be provided in a local winery or farmhouse including local products, water and wine.
-from March to May & from October to November: pack winter coat and dress sturdy shoes or hiking boots;
-from June to September: pack a waterproof shell and dress in layers. Dress comfortable shoes or sneakers; do not forget you sun screen, sun glasses and sun hat.
GRATUITIES (We Suggest):
- We recommend to pay an average of eur 50,00 to the Driver Escort --if you are satisfied of him-- based on the efficiency and service you receive.
-Gratuities to restaurants are never included in the bill. The restaurant cover charge is not a tip. If paying with credit cards in Italy & Sicily, please be so kind as to pay your tip separately in cash to the waiter. This should be 10% of the total bill.
-The use of public toilets requires a payment to the attendant of EURO 0,50 cents.
Please be so kind as to share with us, before your arrival, if you have walking restrictions.
EXCURSION | CANCELLATION POLICY:
-Total refund up to 15 working days before arrival
-25% of total amount won’t be refunded from 14 to 10 days before arrival
-50% of total amount won’t be refunded from 9 to 6 days before arrival
-75% of total amount won’t be refunded from 5 to 3 days before arrival
-100% of total amount won’t be refunded from 2 to the day of the services or after (No refund for no show).
TOUR CODE: JEEPCOLLFD