Coronavirus and Tourism in Italy
Once again, in order to let our clients benefit from our direct presence on the ground in Italy.
As of today, Wednesday March 11th, the rules just adopted for a large part of the North of Italy have been extended to the rest of the country. Because of it, in order to limit the circulation of people and slow down the speed of diffusion of the virus infection.
Throughout the Italian territory, all places of aggregation will remain closed or restricted up to April 3, 2020;
- Bars and restaurants can remain open until 6 PM but have to ensure a minimum distance between people;
- Hotels remain indirectly involved by the measures. Transportation continues to be regularly in service: people are invited to adopt smart working technologies as much as possible, though moving is allowed for work reasons as well as for sanitary and necessary family assistance needs.
- Museum, Archaeological Sites are actually closed to avoid aggregations.
- Events, Concerts, Meetings and Conferences in general are forbidden.
Though the above sounds a bit like a war-time, the atmosphere is of a rather well-controlled.
Decently communicated and properly adopted set of civic behavioral requirements: everyone seems now to understand that a rapid resolution of this unwelcomed crisis depends on each person in the territory doing its best not to propagate the infection, while the sanitary system does its great job.
As a consequence of the situation and of the measures introduced:
- together with hotels and other providers, we will provide reimbursement for all services that it won’t be possible to render or replace or postponed;
- as the situation may evolve dynamically we still recommend not to cancel reservations that fall beyond the next 1 to 2 months;
- notwithstanding that part of our staff is now operating in smart working from home. We are ensuring unchanged service levels, both in terms of opening hours and reachability, for all the usual requirements in addition to specific requests related to the current situation.
We promise Italy-Sicily will be brought back to you even more strong, beautiful, amazing and great to live than before … just be patient and support us.
Valeria, Vincenzo and all the Staff