An authentic experience to discover the Sicilian chef inside you, even if you have never cooked before!
We’ll drive you through the magnificent Sicilian countryside to our wonderful location, an ancient watermill, surrounded by streams, waterfalls and small lakes with breathtaking colors. A perfect environment where to learn from our chef how to cook a typical Sicilian lunch, putting your hands on the ingredients to create your own meal and enjoying the delicious final results. After lunch, you will visit a local ancient town, for a nice walk into the barocco downtown and a restoring gelato in a typical caffè.
- Visit of an authentic Sicilian grocery farm to pick the ingredients
- Transfer to an ancient watermill, surrounded by streams, waterfalls and small lakes
- Cheese and wine and traditional food tasting
- Cooking class “hand on” to prepare a 3 courses meal
- Lunch included
- Graduation certificate at the end of the class
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Discover an ancient and amazing town
- Private tour with dedicated minivan and driver
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
This private day-trip with local tour guide will give our guest the opportunity to be a chef for one day, discovering some of the most genuine food gem of our land and enjoying an authentic experience in the beauty countryside of our east coast.
Starting from Siracusa, a sightseeing drive will lead you along the country side, the hills and the vineyards on our confortable minivan, towards the Noto valley, for approximately thirty minutes.
A stop at a local grocery farm will let you enjoy the old times way of growing the food. You will go shopping with our guide, picking up the seasonal ingredients for your lunch. You will meet the butcher and the farmers, selling vegetables from their gardens and meat from their local breeding. It’s a wonderful opportunity to learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients and taste local food and products.
Then, you’ll be transferred to our wonderful location, an ancient watermill, surrounded by streams, waterfalls and small lakes with breathtaking colors. Led by the expertise of our Chef, you will start putting your hands on the ingredients to create your own meal: the typical arancini (rice balls) and cannoli with ricotta cheese!
A selection of Sicilian wines completes the menu, and then you will enjoy eating your own food with all your classmates in the relaxing peace of the terrace, with the wonderful view of the falls and the smooth sound of the gurgling streams in the background. The friendly feeling of a small and intimate group of food lovers will make the experience unique. And then you’ll get your Graduation Certificate!
After lunch, approximately at 3pm, our English speaking driver will take you to the amazing Palazzolo Acreide, an ancient greek town founded in 650 BC, with a perfectly preserved Greek theater and a downtown built in Barocco style, with two of the churches that recently became UNESCO heritage. You will enjoy a nice walk in the old town, with many options to taste refreshing drinks, ice cream and almond pastry from the old Sicilian culinary tradition.
Around 6pm we will be ready to drive you back to your hotel, where you will arrive in approximately half an hour.
2019 TOUR PRICE:
- Group of 2 People: Euro 355,00 Per Person
- Group of 3 People: Euro 245,00 Per Person
- Group of 4 People: Euro 200,00 Per Person
- Group of 5 People: Euro 175,00 Per Person
- Group of 6 People: Euro 155,00 Per Person
- Group of 7 People: Euro 135,00 Per Person
- Group of 8 People: Euro 125,00 Per Person
TOUR DETAILS & BOOKING INFORMATION
TOUR CODE: SRSMILL