Depart 9AM/Return 3PM
Today pick-up at your hotel and departure to Etna Volcano (South side) with ascent up to the Sapienza Refuge (1.986 mt), where we will explore the last eruptions and the old Silvestri Craters. The guide will give you all the information you need about the history and the territory of the Volcano.
From Rifugio Sapienza you can choose one of the following options:
- Do some trekking in one of the nature paths of “Parco dell’Etna”, up to 2000 m.
- Buy the Etna high altitude option: from Rifugio Sapienza you will take the cable car and reach, in 15 minutes, 2504 meters. From here you will continue with special 4x4 minibuses and reach, in 20 minutes, 2900 meters (Torre del Filosofo). You will find your self in front of a scenery streching right down to the sea. Here it will be possible to admire the great central crater, the South-East crater and the historical lava flows that characterize the landscape of Etna. With the alpinist guides you will visit the places where the life of the volcano flourishes, in full safety. You will return to Rifugio Sapienza by minibus and cable car.
(Ascent to the top is optional and subject to weather and volcanic conditions permitting. Ascent fees are not included).
The excursion will continue with the visit of a lava cave with helmets and torches (kit included) and then to Zafferana, where we will visit a farmhouse for a delicious tasting of typical biological products such as honey, wine, oil, etc. We will return to the hotel in the early afternoon.
- Euro 75,00 per each Adult
- Euro 50,00 per each Child
OPTIONAL ASCENT TO THE TOP:
- up to 2.500 meters: from Rifugio Sapienza you can catch the cable car ride and reach the Montagnola, where you can enjoy the landscape or relax at the bar.
- up to 2.920 meters: from the Montagnola (at 2.500 meters) you can jump on board on the UNI-MOG (mini-coach WD4X4) to reach 2.800 meters. Hiking to reach 2.920 meters.
This option is not included and do need to pay an ascent fee (to be paid directly on the spot).
This tour is guaranteed with minimum 2 people and will be operated with maximum 8 people per each vehicle. Number of vehicles per each day is subject to availability.
Please be ready from 8:15am at your Hotel Lobby. Pick-up may be between 8:30 and 9am.
This is a multilanguage tour (Italian/English/French/Spanish/German).
The price of this excursion does not include the Ascent Fees. Optional independent ascent to the top (weather and volcanic conditions permitting) with cable car and jeep.
-from January to May & from October to December: pack winter coat and dress sturdy shoes or hiking boots;
-from June to September: pack a waterproof shell and dress in layers. Dress comfortable shoes or sneakers; do not forget you sun screen, sun glasses and sun hat.
We recommend to check weather conditions and to be prepared for higher altitudes of Etna. The tour runs rain or shine.
This tour will be operated by a local supplier (all details after Confirmation).
The supplier reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances or for insufficient number of participants even after Confirmation. In such cases passengers will be promptly informed and offered an alternative tour and if the tour is a lower or higher cash value passengers will be take care to pay difference or will receive a refund. If passengers will refuse the alternative tour, the full amount paid will be refunded.
TOUR CODE: TRIBEFLAV2