Collective Full Day Etna Jeep Ride from Taormina
Vehicle: WD4x4 (air conditioned)
Small group tour: up to 6 people per jeep
Duration: Approx. 8 hours
Departure: between h 8.30AM-h 9AM (please be ready from 8:15am in the hotel lobby)
Pick-Up & Drop-off: your hotel (located in Taormina area or e.g. from Castelmola, Giardini Naxos, Letojanni, Giarre and Fiumefreddo)
Style of Tour: partial traditional road and partial off-road
Meet the Jeep WD4X4 vehicle and driver at your hotel and departure for the amazing Mt. Etna, one of the highest volcano in Europe and most active in the world.
Giant Etna, is an UNESCO World Heritage site since 2013, the smoking volcano craters and the old and new lava flows are always an impressive experience for visitors.
Today we focus on the visit of the north side which has a vast pine-forest, many cycling trails, a series of fantastic hikes and is not crowded as much as the south side.
Departure for the Etna district where we will have the opportunity to see different landscapes and lovely villages which are located on the way to join Piano Provenzana –located at 1800 meters above sea level–. Here it’s possible give a look at the ex-Betulle hotel which has been partial covered by the lava due to the eruption dated 2002.
The area is amazing: green from the pine forest, dark from the lava stones and the lovely colours from the nature. Good smells indulge us to enjoy the area in combo with the amazing landscape.
In accordance with your Driver, it is possible to have a short moderate hiking and see some of the side craters characterized by seven small, aligned eruptive cones (or “buttonholes”).
Along the way we will stop to enjoy a breathtaking view of the North-East Crater, the eruptive mouths and 2002 lava flow, and down to the sea you will admire part of the Ionian and Calabrian coast.
It’s time for lunch and the driver will transfer you in a lovely rustic restaurant.
Enjoy a delicious menu which includes a rich selection of starters (salami, cheese, vegetables of the season), a taste of pasta and dessert. Lunch will also include local wine and mineral water.
Later this afternoon we then return to Taormina hotel –or properties located in the Taormina district–
Will be set at your hotel, if located in Taormina area, between 8:30am and 9:00am. Please be ready from 8:15am at the hotel lobby.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- The service will be operated by a 6 seats jeep, but please note that only 5 people will have a window seat.
- Children must be accompanied by 1 adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual driver (English, Italian, French)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund (minimum required is 2 people)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated RAIN OR SHINE
– This tour can be operated with all different weather condition (rain or shine) and all year around. The Tour Organizer and the Drivers will reserve the right to invert the itinerary or make a compatible change on the itinerary in case of snow or in case of opened/closed road along the itinerary to guarantee the safety of the customers. In case of prohibitive weather condition on the day of the tour, you will be contacted and offered an alternative date or a full refund.
– The tour is not operated with licensed guide, it is operated will full licensed vehicles and drivers who are expert of the area, geology and nature and will give you all appropriate information during the itinerary.
– Lunch included in the tour will be provided in a country restaurant. In case there are special instruction (allergies or religious restrictions) we need to get this information at time of booking. In case it will be impossible, for reasons not under our control, to provide the lunch in a country restaurant, it will be provided in a local winery or farmhouse including local products, water and wine.
-from March to May & from October to November: pack winter coat and dress sturdy shoes or hiking boots;
-June to September: pack a waterproof shell and dress in layers. Dress comfortable shoes or sneakers; do not forget you sun screen, sun glasses and sun hat.
MINIMUM NUMBER APPLIED
This tour is guaranteed with minimum 2 people. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
If you are a single traveller, within 48 hours before the tour starts you can choose to pay a double amount to guarantee the tour. This extra amount will be refunded in case other people will join the same tour.
TOUR CODE: JEEPCOLLFD
- Duration8 Hours
- CategoryNature & Outdoor
- Tour TypeSmall group
- Availabilityselected days
- SeasonAll Year